This 2023, perhaps, one of our common goals is to lose some weight or maintain our ideal weight. Oftentimes, it is difficult to achieve our dream body because we enjoy eating good food and we tend to overeat especially during festive season. Do you ever feel like you’re in a food coma after a big meal? Trust us, we know the struggle! As beauty junkies, we all want to look and feel our best, but sometimes it can be tough to stay on track with our healthy eating goals most especially with so many tempting treats and carb-heavy meals around. That’s why we’re sharing some expert tips on how to control your cravings, prevent food coma, and boost your beauty!
What is Food Coma and Why Should You Care?
Guilty of overeating? Have you ever wondered why you feel so sluggish after eating a big meal? That’s food coma! In this blog, we’ll explain what food coma is and why it’s important to avoid it if you want to feel your best from the inside out.
- Food coma is a feeling of extreme tiredness or sleepiness after eating a large meal.
- It happens when your body diverts blood flow to your digestive system to help with the digestion process.
- This can cause a drop in blood sugar levels and a surge in insulin, which can lead to feelings of drowsiness and fatigue.
- Avoiding food coma can help you stay focused, productive, and energized throughout the day.
How to Prevent Food Coma:
Nobody likes feeling draggy and unmotivated, so it’s very important to have some simple strategies in order to beat food coma like eating smaller meals, avoiding processed foods, and staying hydrated.
1. Eat Smaller Meals
Eating smaller meals can help you avoid overeating and reduce your risk of food coma. Try these tips:
- Instead of three large meals per day, aim for five to six smaller meals throughout the day.
- Use a smaller plate to help you control your portion sizes.
- Take your time and chew your food slowly to help you feel more satisfied.
2. Avoid Processed Foods
Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats, which can contribute to feelings of fatigue and food coma. Here’s how to reduce your intake of processed foods:
- Choose whole, nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains.
- Avoid foods that come in packages or have a long list of ingredients.
- Cook your own meals using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
3. Stay Hydrated
Dehydration can make you feel tired and sluggish, so make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day. You can try these tips:
- Aim for at least eight glasses of water per day.
- Carry a water bottle with you and sip on it throughout the day.
- Add some flavor to your water with slices of fruit or a sprig of mint.
The Power of Carbohydrate Blocking
Carbohydrate blocker supplements can be a game-changer for anyone looking to manage carbohydrate intake, maintain healthy weight and improve overall beauty. We’ll explain how these supplements work to prevent the absorption of carbs and reduce the impact of sugar on the body.
What is Calorie-Blocker?
Calorie Blockers are compounds that block some amount of carbs and fats from being absorbed after they are eaten, and thus prevent these calories from acting in the body. They can reduce the caloric influence of excess.
Here’s how they work:
- These typically work by either acting on the Pancreas (organ) to prevent the release of fat and carbohydrate-digesting enzymes (such as lipase and amylase) or to physically bind to either the enzyme after release or the substrate itself and prevent the enzyme from exerting its effects on said substrate.
- This means that fewer carbs are absorbed into your body, which can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid the energy crashes that can come with eating too many carbs. While carbohydrate blocking supplements aren’t a magic solution for weight loss, they can be a helpful tool to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Calorie-blockers are typically used to alleviate the caloric load of a cheat meal
We all know that carbs are delicious, but they can be a beauty buzzkill if you overdo it. That’s why Carb-blocking supplements like Dr. Ora BLOCK IT! was developed for you to say goodbye to unwanted calories & cravings plus be able to enjoy your favorite carb-rich foods.
What’s so special about BLOCK IT?
It is an all-natural carb blocker that contains five patented ingredients clinically proven to reduce calorie absorption by up to 66%* and combat lipogenesis. It helps block the absorption of carbohydrates and promotes the breakdown of fats. It works by either acting on the pancreas to prevent the release of fat and carbohydrate-digesting enzymes such as lipase and amylase, or by physically binding to the enzymes after release.
The high-quality proprietary blend of Garcinia Cambogia, White Kidney Bean, and Sake Less blocks calories and carbohydrates while reducing sugar cravings. African Mango Seed and Bitter Melon help regulate glucose levels, stabilize blood sugar, and decrease insulin resistance. How to consume? just consume 1 per day before carb-heavy meal. It’s that easy!
The Key Difference:
Curbing Your Appetite and Sugar Cravings
Sugar cravings can be a major obstacle to healthy eating, but don’t worry, we’ve got your back! We’ll explain why sugar cravings happen and share some expert tips to curb your appetite and reduce your sugar intake.
Why Do Sugar Cravings Happen?
Sugar cravings are a common occurrence, and they can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Low blood sugar levels.
- Stress or anxiety.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Poor sleep or lack of sleep.
Expert Tips for Curbing Your Appetite and Sugar Cravings To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle:
Reducing your sugar intake can be challenging, but these expert tips can help you stay on track and avoid the dreaded sugar crash:
1. Eat a balanced breakfast that includes protein and healthy fats
Starting your day with a balanced breakfast can help regulate your blood sugar levels and reduce cravings throughout the day. A breakfast that includes protein and healthy fats, like eggs and avocado or Greek yogurt and nuts, can help keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer.
2. Snack on nuts, seeds, and fruits instead of sugary snacks
When you’re feeling hungry between meals, reach for healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, and fruits instead of sugary snacks like candy or cookies. These snacks provide important nutrients and fiber, and can help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
3. Take a walk or do some light exercise when you feel a sugar craving coming on
Exercise can help reduce stress and cravings, and can also improve your mood and energy levels. If you’re feeling a sugar craving coming on, try taking a short walk or doing some light exercise to help distract yourself and reduce the urge to indulge.
4. Practice stress-reducing activities like yoga or meditation to help curb emotional eating
Stress can trigger emotional eating and sugar cravings, so finding healthy ways to manage stress is important. Activities like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, or journaling can help reduce stress and improve mood, which can in turn reduce the urge to indulge in sugary snacks.
At Dr. Ora, we believe that healthy skin starts from within – and that includes what we eat. We hope you found these expert tips helpful in your quest to avoid food coma, control sweet cravings, and boost your beauty! We encourage you to try our BLOCK IT! today and see the difference for yourself! Remember, healthy eating is a journey, not a destination. It’s okay to slip up from time to time, but the most important thing is to get back on track and keep moving forward. Here’s to making small and sustainable changes to our diet and lifestyle through the magic of carb-blocker supplements. Stay beautiful!